- This event has passed.
Remote Area Training Course for New Commercial Pilots
September 16, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until September 20, 2019
RACWA, in conjunction with Flight Standards, is pleased to offer a unique course aimed at Commercial Pilots looking to secure employment “up north”. The course is conducted over five days and will be delivered by experienced charter pilots currently operating in the Northern Territory in charter operations.
Applicants are required to have MPPC / RU Design Feature Endorsements prior to course commencement.
In addition to gaining invaluable insight into how to succeed in that first GA job and learning some of the secrets to managing remote area flying, candidates will gain tailored training and focused experience flying an industry relevant aircraft. The Cessna 210 (a likely “first-job” aircraft type) is used for the flying component of the course in VFR charter operations, and includes the following:
- Comprehensive technical ground school covering all major systems and operations of the Cessna 210;
- Type specific flying training in the Cessna 210, covering normal, abnormal and emergency procedures;
- Proper engine management and advanced handling techniques appropriate to the high performance piston single-engine aircraft;
- Observation / “back-seating” of fellow course participants to learn from each other’s experiences;
- Basic maintenance training (pilot approved items & defect management);
- Interview techniques and resume preparation;
- Customer service training.
The highlight of the course:
- Two day (with overnight remote stay) simulated charter experience – presenting scenarios / challenges typical of VFR charter and remote area operations, for example:
- unsealed aerodrome operations;
- short field / crosswind operations;
- failure management techniques;
- contingency management.
Course participants are assured a minimum of 5 hours flight time in the Cessna 210 – actual flight time may vary due to the nature of the scenarios presented.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion / Record of Attainment and at Instructor discretion (based on technical standard achieved), the course may be used to satisfy the requirements of a Class Rating Flight Review.
Dates: 16 to 20 September.
Please email expressions of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org